In Office Safety Protocol
Safety Protocol for in Office Visits
We understand that some ENT conditions warrant a face to face appointment since so much of our medical field involves looking into small dark spaces and evaluating complex anatomy. Nothing replaces the ability to actually look in the ears, nose, and throat to confirm the diagnosis and make a more precise clinical treatment plan. If an in-office appointment is deemed necessary by our clinical staff, please take comfort in knowing additional safety measures we have put into place to help protect our patients and our staff:
- All patients will be screened prior to appointment for fever, cough, shortness of breath, cold/flu symptoms, red eyes, loss of smell/taste, and body aches. Depending on the nature of the medical problem, the COVID-19 risk and patient preference, our staff can best help a patient decide whether an in-office evaluation or a tele-medicine visit would be most appropriate.
- All patients must bring and wear a mask the entire time they are in the office. Cloth or other home-made masks are acceptable. Any patient who arrives without a mask will be turned away and rescheduled to a later appointment.
- We are limiting the number of people allowed in our offices to only the patient and an immediate caregiver if patient is a child. All else must wait in the car.
- New patients will be asked to print paperwork off our website and fill out prior to scheduled appointment time. If this is not possible, we will provide you with these intake forms to be filled out in one of our exam rooms.
- Our providers and staff will wear surgical masks during all patient encounters
- We are performing diligent hand washing and extra cleaning precautions to provide a safer environment. We are also employing a more robust schedule from our industrial cleaning service.
- Tele-medicine appointments will still be available for higher risk patients, routine follow up issues (for example discuss test results, medication refills etc).
We understand that COVID-19 doesn’t stop the need for your ear, nose, throat and allergy care, we are here to help.